• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bushnell H20 10 x 42mm Binoculars. (1 Viewer)

trw

Argos are selling these for £169.
anyone used them.what are they like?
I have used a pair of Bushnell bins for years and they have done a good job.Trouble is I don't know what model they are.They cost around £200 about 10 years ago.
They look remarkably like the Argos picture!

It's their entry level waterproof binoculars, sells for about $90 in US, all bushnell seems to be quite expensive on your side of the pond.

Take a photo of yours and any printing on it maybe someone here can help.

The Bushnell H2O roof prism model can usually be found for around the £80 mark and is at the bottom of their line-up. Not bad for £80 but it is very basic and low light performance is really quite poor. There are much better buys from Bushnell and others at £169 if you shop around.

David

Thanks!
Not sure they were Legend,maybe Natureview?
I will probably look for a more expensive pair.

There are bewildering number of binoculars to consider. Have you had a look at the Nikon Prostaff 7 (~£200) and the Hawke Frontier ED (~£300) at Wilkinson's Cameras in Kendal?

David

Yes they are the binoculars.
Yes I have looked at the Nikon bins at Wilkinsons.I'm considering the Nikon pair for £299[can't remember the name of them]

That sounds like the Monarch (MkIII). It has been very popular, smaller and lighter than many alternatives, but slightly overtaken by the competition, particularly on field of view. It's currently being replaced by the Monarch 5. That Hawke Frontier ED I mentioned has a wider view, lower colour fringing and better contrast, but somewhat bigger and heavier.

David

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back