• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wheatear, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia (1 Viewer)

BirdingRob

Brit abroad
I was just about to blog about the onset of the passage through central Arabia (eg barn swallows, woodchat shrike seen today etc) and I was going to illustrate with one of the many Isabelline wheatears in the fields

then...I got cold feet, I am not sure the one I have got photos of is an Isabelline or a female northern wheatear. Which is it? There were tens of obvious isabellines around but I chose this one!

I see features of both species in this bird

Help please ?

Rob www.birdingforalark.blogspot.com

Attachments

• flyingisabelline.jpg
    flyingisabelline.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 73
  • isabelline.jpg
    isabelline.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 87
I have got a third picture which shows might shed more light.

Hadn't considered female desert wheatear. Still unsure

Attachments

• wheatear3.jpg
    wheatear3.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 67
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back