• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birds Of Cornerstone Park, Henderson, Nv (1 Viewer)

dave598

United States
I went to a new park I had heard about earlier this week. I saw a lot of the same birds and a few new ones.

Up first is the Yellow-headed Blackbird. First time I had seen one of these beauties.

Attachments

• YELLOW HEADED BLACKBIRD WM RS 0001.jpg
    YELLOW HEADED BLACKBIRD WM RS 0001.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 67
  • YELLOW HEADED BLACKBIRD WM RS 0002.jpg
    YELLOW HEADED BLACKBIRD WM RS 0002.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 59
  • YELLOW HEADED BLACKBIRD WM RS 0003.jpg
    YELLOW HEADED BLACKBIRD WM RS 0003.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
On today's trek to Cornerstone Park I also saw some of the staple birds of Nevada

Canada Goose
Great Tailed Grackle
Female Grackle
American Coot
Double Crested Cormorants
Mallards
Red Headed Ducks

Another bird that I saw and have posted in the Gallery is the Ross's Goose. This is the third time that I have seen these guys and they are always so calm and patient it seems.

Attachments

• ROSS GOOSE WM RS 0001.jpg
    ROSS GOOSE WM RS 0001.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 55
  • ROSS GOOSE WM RS 0002.jpg
    ROSS GOOSE WM RS 0002.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 57
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back