• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Good to be back ! (1 Viewer)

Val35

I have been waiting for this for a year now but finally I'm back in my summer patch, in the very North of Corsica (Cap Corse).
House Martins and Barn Swallows were flying everywhere and it's not long before I spot my first Hooded Crow perched on a wire.
Walking along a small vineyard I see a group of Starlings flying by, they perch on wire : 4 Spotless Starlings, including a young bird ! But quickly they fly away...only to be replaced by 3 Corsican Finches !
I managed to catch glimpses of Sardinian and Moltoni's Warblers chasing insects in the dense "maquis".
Speaking of insects : I notice huge wasps (almost as big as the Warblers :-O) hovering above a flower patch : they are Megascolia maculata, impressive but harmless creatures...
I'm glad to spot two pairs of Corn Buntings and a pair of Red-Backed Shrikes with fledglings.
While listening to the songs of Cetti's Warbler and Zitting Cisticolas I hear a well known call : a Bee-Eater flies over my head ! Last year a pair managed to raise 3 fledglings, hope they succeed this year too.
On my way back home I spot a male Cirl Bunting on branch and three Ravens in croaking in the sky. Back at the village a Red Kite soars in the bright blue sky as Italian Sparrows chirp on the roof of every house.
I'll try to keep this thread uptdated with pics and new observations.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back