• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

mystery on the golf course, and a mysterious call. (1 Viewer)

Whilst on the golf course last week I saw a bird I have not seen before.

Some background information. I live in the South of Tenerife. The bird is not endemic as far as I know. There are a number of attractions on the Island that have many exotic bird species, I suspect the bird I saw is an escapee!

Here goes:

The bird was an iridescent blue/green (more blue). It had a tail similar to a quetzal, but a little squarer and not quite as long. Its call was parrot like. Its body was about the size of a lapwing. It appeared to be solitary.

Thats about the best I can do with the description.

The mysterious call.

I hear this call ( I'm not certain that its a bird, but logic suggests it is) only in the evening and very early in the morning, and it sounds like children laughing and shouting in the distance?!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back