• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Weather For October 2013 (1 Viewer)

palval147

It's still mild, even warm out & the leaves aren't turning quickly here. Birds seem not to be eating the food much at present. I think there is to much natural food around, or, they are still moulting.
A bit damp today, light mizzle in the air & misty with it, low cloud.

Well...the new month has blown in like a hooley - PROPER autumn weather o:)

It's still sunny and pleasantly warm at 13c (tho' got rather chilly during the night!) but there's a bit of a wild south-easterly wind of which a bit of a strong gust has just blown the window open!!!

Looks like we posted at the same time Val 3:) I've cut & pasted my wods onto this thread and asked mods to delete the other :t:

Wet yesterday, but dry today, neither days were cold, in fact if not raining I could have gone out without a jacket. I did today.

Rained for most of the day yesterday but still pretty warm at 13c :t:

Today started off dull and overcast but now the sun has come out and it's hit the 16c mark. Quite a nice day so I'm going to pop out along to Hulne Park at 3.30 and have a little walk and see what's about bird & fungi-wise.

Past two days have been funny 'uns :king: Grey and overcast at times but a few sunny spells breaking through and SO warm!!!!! It reached 18c today and felt very muggy....even at 6am when I started work!

Sunny weekend & warm enough not to need a coat.
Yesterday cloudy & dull, today the same with mizzle. It isn't cold though.

Good heavens, 8 days since I was last here. Where did those days go.
Anyway, weather, a mixed bag, some sun, rain, cloud & wind, but still pretty mild.

Sunny today but VERY strong winds which have stripped a lot of the leaves off trees. No sign of heavy rain yet but it's forecast late tonight. Currently 12c.

How's it down your way Val? Has the mega-storm hit the south yet?

Winds have got stronger and it's just been HAMMERING down with rain outside - absolutely stotting off the windows :eek!: Seems to have calmed down a touch now....

Weather like this certainly highlights draughts in your windows tho' ;) I've put some bright red tape over the gaps so we can get them sorted out in the next few days.....don't want our cats getting a chill now, do we! ;) :-O

Yes, we got off lightly too. Had a brief monsoon and hurricane at around 5pm yesterday which had blown itself out by 6.30pm and today has been sunny with just a light breeze.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back