• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Dead fallow deer. (1 Viewer)

eric kitchmo

At my local reserve there is a small area fenced off for cattle and sheep in the summer.For the last few years fallow deer have been giving birth in the enclosure and the young grow up thinking they cannot get out,even though they could easily jump the fence.Up untill 3 weeks ago there were 9 deer but then i started finding them dead,6 so far.I wondered if they were starving as the grass is very short and now mostly harsh sedge grass.I have left the gates open but the remaining 3 will not leave.Also there is a small ditch through the area and wondered if pestercide running of the fields could poison the water? or is there a disease that spread quickly through deer? Any suggestions,many thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back