• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zoom lever problems on my FZ150 (1 Viewer)

Swissboy

Sempach, Switzerland
Supporter
Switzerland
I presently have a problem with my FZ150's zoom lever. It tends not to return when released. This results in the zoom going automatically to the extremes. Very annoying.

I think it's a mechanical problem, as the not so fine working zoom buttom on the barrel seems to work OK. I wonder whether an application of WD-40 might solve the problem? But I'm a bit reluctant to use it. Any suggestions? Have others experienced similar problems? My previous FZ models have always worked without any such issues.

I presently have a problem with my FZ150's zoom lever. It tends not to return when released. This results in the zoom going automatically to the extremes. Very annoying.

I just came across this offer on the famous auction site: http://www.ebay.com/itm/PANASONIC-G...arts_Digital_Camera_Parts&hash=item27cb569253

It seems to be the part that I could use if I knew how to do the replacement job. But it also seems to indicate that there is a quality problem in this area. Why else would there be this item - offered on the auction site? At least, I have not come across other replacement parts, except for batteries, of course.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back