• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sandpiper, Poland (1 Viewer)

michalb

Poland
Hello,

couldn't get a really decent photo of this one, but I hope the ones I did manage to get are enough to confirm the id: is it a juvenile little stint (Calidris minuta)?
The landing photo is terrible, but it's the only one I have showing its tail and wings - shouldn't the end of the tail be more gray for a little stint?
The same bird in all pictures, maybe with the exception of the first one (I'm not sure), and of course there's a dunlin in one of them to compare sizes.

Thanks in advance!
Michal

Location: Rewa, coast of Bay of Puck (Baltic Sea), northern Poland
Date: 20.09.2017

Attachments

• biegus7.JPG
    biegus7.JPG
    148 KB · Views: 167
  • biegus1.JPG
    biegus1.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 111
  • biegus2.JPG
    biegus2.JPG
    204.8 KB · Views: 52
  • biegus3.JPG
    biegus3.JPG
    160.5 KB · Views: 43
  • biegus5.JPG
    biegus5.JPG
    165.5 KB · Views: 59
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back