• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon vs Kenko tubes? (1 Viewer)

Kevin

Registered User (not drugs)
I'm looking to buy an extension tube (12mm) to use with my Canon 400mm f5.6 - I would normally go straight to Canon, but as there are no optics involved, would Kenko do just as well?

Being a Nikon person, I can't speak for Canon's own extn tubes, but the Kenko's are a bit 'plasticky' compared to Nikon's own ones, not that it's an issue that makes itself known in use (Nikon users invariably choose Kenko because they offer AF, where-as Nikon's ancient tubes do not).

Other than being black in colour and a bit less solid, it's not easy to think of any real negatives for the Canon-fit Kenko tubes.
cheers,
Andy

I have Triplus tubes, which I think are the same as Kenko, and as Andy says, they are a bit plasticy and not as nicely made as Nikon ones (which I also used to own). But I think if you take care of them they should be okay.

Leif

Hi Kevin
Before you decide check out the extension tubes offered by srbfilm.co.uk. You get a full set of three for EOS fitting for £84 and all the versatility of up to 7 different extensions.

You never know it could be worth a look if you want to get really close.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back