• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pego marsh? (1 Viewer)

Mad_Sunday

Heading for Denia next week and after a bit of digging on 'tinternet it seems I will be close to Pego marsh. Can anyone offer tips regarding access, hides, expected species, maybe even a guide for half a day?

I will be in Denia from 12th to 19th September.

Pete

Heading for Denia next week and after a bit of digging on 'tinternet it seems I will be close to Pego marsh. Can anyone offer tips regarding access, hides, expected species, maybe even a guide for half a day?

I will be in Denia from 12th to 19th September.

Pete

If you want a guide Julian is your man, he knows the area like the back of his hand, here's a link to his site

http://www.juliansykeswildlife.com/tourleaders.html

Get in touch with him if he's unavailable he will give you some good info on what can be seen there.
I haven't been there for a few years but there's always decent birds present, just drive all the tracks stopping and scanning the rice fields, reedbeds etc,

Thanks Phil and John-Henry,

I've had a good look at the web pages you shared and also sent an email to Julian.

Regards, Pete

Just got back from Spain last night. Julian was unable to help me as he was flying off to Canada, he did however pass my details to a local guide (Pau Lucio) who gave us a great day out at both Pego marsh and to Alcoi in the mountains, where we enjoyed fantastic views of Griffon Vultures.

Here's a link to his web pages............. http://birdwatchingspain.net/

Pete

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back