• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Which Blue, Clouded Yellow and Cat, Brandenburg Germany Sept 2014 (1 Viewer)

Andy Hurley

Gotta love nature!
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Hi,

3 from Brandenburg, Germany for id please.

1 A Clouded Yellow but which one? I'm tending towards Berger's but not sure of northern cut off. Do they occur in Havelland, Brandenburg?

2 A Blue, either Common or possibly Alcon?

3 I don't have a caterpillar guide, so I don't know. Any recommendations for a European Cat Guide?

the iq could be better, I was using my long lense for birds.

Thanks

Attachments

• ARD_5188.JPG
    ARD_5188.JPG
    303.2 KB · Views: 27
  • ARD_5990.JPG
    ARD_5990.JPG
    425 KB · Views: 22
  • ARD_6202.JPG
    ARD_6202.JPG
    396.8 KB · Views: 18
Thanks Sean

EDIT: I should have known, I photographed one in Southern England in 2012

Last edited:
From other sources its been suggested that the yellow is most likely a Pale Clouded Yellow C. hyale on shape and the blue is probably a Common Blue P. icarus but lacking a view of the underside makes it very difficult to be certain. My fault, I wasn't patient enough.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back