• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cabela's Euro Binocular by Meopta (1 Viewer)

BMR

These are made for Cabela's by Meopta in a 10X42. Has anyone had a chance to really try this binocular out? I've read some really good things about them, but have not seen anything on the birding sites yet.

I have not taken them out of the store but have looked at them in the local Cabelas on several occasions. Optical quality is very good. Color rendition, brightness and resolution were all on par with other bins in that price range if not slightly better. My only regret is that they are not offered in an 8x version.

FrankD said:
I have not taken them out of the store but have looked at them in the local Cabelas on several occasions. Optical quality is very good. Color rendition, brightness and resolution were all on par with other bins in that price range if not slightly better. My only regret is that they are not offered in an 8x version.

Yes, I asked Cabela's customer service if they'd be offering it in a 7X or 8X and they thought at some point they would, but could not say when.

Meopta binoculars are offered in 8x, 7x, and 10x at Eagle Optics and at B&H .
Happy bird watching,
Arthur Pinewood

Yes, I asked Cabela's customer service if they'd be offering it in a 7X or 8X and they thought at some point they would, but could not say when.

From what I have gathered from several conversations with folks at the optics counter, since most hunters prefer 10x bins then that is usually what debuts first with the other powers following shortly after.

FrankD said:
From what I have gathered from several conversations with folks at the optics counter, since most hunters prefer 10x bins then that is usually what debuts first with the other powers following shortly after.

The best hunting often takes place when the morning lengthens and the evening wanes. Hunters would be smarter to consider exit pupil and FOV first over the high powered narrow fields 10x gives.
Bob

FrankD said:

How would these compare to the Zeiss Dialyt 10X40 Classics in optical quality?

The best hunting often takes place when the morning lengthens and the evening wanes. Hunters would be smarter to consider exit pupil and FOV first over the high powered narrow fields 10x gives.

I agree, but not every hunter I have run into understands terms such as exit pupil or how it might impact the individual's viewing experience. Magnification, on the hand, is something that just about every binocular user knows and "common wisdom", more often than not, means bigger is better. ;-)

How would these compare to the Zeiss Dialyt 10X40 Classics in optical quality

I have looked through both though not side by side so would hesitate in attempting to compare them. I would think that in terms of brightness and color representation the Meopta would be on par with the Classics. I cannot comment on resolution or flatness of field as I do not remember the specifics for either at the moment.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back