• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Garden Bird watch (1 Viewer)

George Garner

Hi Folks,
I have just completed my garden bird count and have to say it was pathetic. 8 species but only 13 birds in an hours watching.
Now yesterday was a bit different I had a flock of Canaries in the garden, the bloke next door had left his aviary open, so we had a hectic couple of hours helping to round them up, we think we got all of them, best birdig Ive had for a while.
Going to Rufford and Clumber tomorrow so fingers crossed for a good day.

George

George, you did well getting those Canaries back. :t: It wasn't much better here, for the bird watch. Yet Friday & all last week, even in the rain, our garden was full of birds & around 15/18 species, today I got 11 species & 4 of those not on the official list either.
It is definitely sods law.
Hope you have a better birding day tomorrow.

I haven't been having anything like the normal number of individuals or species in my garden this winter, compared to my heady Birdforum days of the past. And very surprisingly hardly any visitors at all during the spell of snow and ice.
I decided to give yesterday (Saturday) a miss for the BGBW, still being cold and snowy with virtually nothing to be seen, apart from the fact that I wasn't free.
So I did it today (Sunday), because the snow had gone and things were starting to look a bit normal.
Not a grand showing, but as good as I could expect these days:

One each of Blackbird, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Robin, and Wood pigeon, together with two Chaffinches.

At least you did get a few birds, Renée.
OH decided to do it as well today as I couldn't & he did slightly better than me. I have submitted the list on the RSPB web site for us both.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back