• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bebirder's Photo Quiz (1 Viewer)

Hint: the 2 things in the back-right arent birds. Theyre lobster pots, this is for the poeple who dont live in Lobster ridden areas like me. THIS IS MORE MEANINGFUL THAN YOU THINK! Where do lobsters live? And Birderbf in wrong.

Last edited:
Wow, that would be one amazing combination to see, wouldn't it? Too bad its wrong. So far I've given several very useful hints, but it seems that no one has been able to find them. Well, FYI, Lobsters live only in SALTWATER. Therefore, this picture was out at sea. Also, Northern New England would describe nothing other than Maine, so this picture was taken in Maine in the Gulf of Maine.

When I think of lobsters, I think of Maine!

The photo looks like some adult ducks with ducklings. What duck would have young, in the nesting season and be in the northeastern part of the country.

About the only thing I can come up with is Blue-winged Teal (but these do not really look like teal to me).

It will be interesting to see what these are though.

So, for now, I will go with Blue-winged Teal.

Post # 46 says "only 1 species of waterfowl in the photo", oh and "no gulls".
Post # 53 says "2 species in the photo".

So, one species of waterfowl and one other "non-waterfowl" species in the photo.

Well, where do we go from here.....

Larry,
Thats means its obviously one of 4 families, Jaegers and Skuas, Coots and Moorhens, Terns and Skimmers, or Auks. I think you might get it now...

Oh yeah and this photo was taken at sea, so eliminate all dabblers and pochards, just sea ducks that breed in maine...

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back