• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hawke Frontier Ed 10x43 (1 Viewer)

canonman77

United Kingdom
Hi, I am looking at some HAWKE FRONTIER ED 10X43 bins & would appreciate any thoughts or reviews on them. Also theres the Steiner Skyhawk 10x42.

Regards.
Sean..

Hi, I am looking at some HAWKE FRONTIER ED 10X43 bins & would appreciate any thoughts or reviews on them. Also theres the Steiner Skyhawk 10x42.

Regards.
Sean..

I have them, and the 8 x 43. I prefer the 10's and I can hold them steady quite easily; my viewing is usually distance rather than close proximity. I came to buy them after trying them at an In-focus day at Upton Warren. I went with the intention of buying some Swaro EL's but preferred the image from the ED's by some margin. I really need to sell my 8 x 43's but they are so very good I can't face letting them go. Prices are climbing so I should get in now if you can, you will not regret it.

Forgot to mention the package that comes with them. You get a hard case, strap, lens-cloth, lens covers and a very good exposed carry case. I made the mistake of cutting my straps a bit short so I contacted Deben (distributor) and they sent me two new straps the next day. I have not done the bino's credit on a performance level but there are so many posts pertaining to their value it's probably worth doing a search through these threads.

Last edited:
hi veracocha, I have just taken the plunge & bought them (Hawke Frontier ED 10x43) In green from Sherwoods for £339 & they come with what you said & a binocular harness & free delivery. I cant wait to get them & try them out on my local bird reserve. I currently have the Opticron Explorer 8x42, but like the more power......

Thanks.
Sean..

hi veracocha, I have just taken the plunge & bought them (Hawke Frontier ED 10x43) In green from Sherwoods for £339 & they come with what you said & a binocular harness & free delivery. I cant wait to get them & try them out on my local bird reserve. I currently have the Opticron Explorer 8x42, but like the more power......

Thanks.
Sean..

Very pleased for you but you ain't gonna like what I say now; London Camera Exchange are doing them for £280 as do NEFS www.northeastfieldsports.co.uk/optics-8/hawke-24/hawke-frontier-ed-binoculars-153.html

Sherwoods are on my doorstep but I just won't shop there based on their prices.:C, you can cancel on the distance selling rules.

goddammit, how do i cancel. I have only just bought them (1 hour ) ago. I shall have to check. Thanks for telling me..

Sean.

also is VAT included in that, ive just checked sherwoods & there was £44 vat added, thats why it came to £339

My 10 x 43 cost £280 including vat.

My 8 x 43 cost £260 including vat because I am a repeat customer at LCE.

If you do cancel you have LCE at Manchester, Nottingham or Chester. I will give Worcester a call tomorrow and see if they still have some, they do mail order. :t:

Dragging this one out from the depths.
Do any of you wear glasses. I was wondering what eye relief was like on these beauties?

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back