• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Any guesses (1 Viewer)

Cubbybear1963

The other day on 8/30/2014, I was birding and photographing birds at Kipuka21 on Hawaii Island. While looking in the canopy of the ohia and koa, I saw a large black bird about the size of a common myna, fly through the trees. Unfortunately, I was unable to get a photo. I was wondering if anyone can guess what it may be? It was early in the morning about 6:30am, near the closed gate to the kipuka.

By size omao would be the most likely suspect, since everything else expected there is smaller. "Black" vs. grey can be very misleading depending on the lighting.

That's what i thought too,but it had a longer tail. It was smaller than a kalij. Hopefully I can get a photo if I see it again.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back