• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Air Madagascar (1 Viewer)

John Fordham

This is just a note for those (primarily) going independently to Madagascar. I've just returned and found that Air Madagascar is the most dis-organized and uncaring organization I've encountered. They are not a member of any trade organization such as IATA and are a law unto themselves.

We had 3 internal flights booked with Air Mad. On two of these there were multiple changes to departure times. The third highlights the frustration associated with using them. We turned up at Tana airport for an internal flight, obtained our boarding cards, incoming plane arrived, our bags got taken to the plane and then Air Mad decided to cancel the flight as there were insufficient passengers!! We had to wait until the following day to travel.

It wasn't a case of us being unlucky, everyone seemed to be suffering - numerous stories exist if Google the airline - and I would advise independent travellers to build potential delays into their itineraries. We lost 3 days of our holiday due to them, with subsequent loss of birding opportunities. :-C

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back