• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pracktica Telelscope (1 Viewer)

Woodcock1965

Dear Members and all fellow birdwatchers,
Has anyone noticed the new birding Telescope by (Pracktica)? There are numerous models but the one that caught my attention was the Alder 20-60-65 and the 20-60-77. I wouldn't usually go for Pracktica, however, by the somewhat good reviews by both ordinary birders and the professionals I thought I would bring to everyones attention on the Birdwatching forum.
Both scopes are fully multi-coated,waterproof, fog proof and also nitrogen purged.Eye relief:115-145mm if that's correct. Tripod compatible, and I think it comes with a tripod also.
It can be ordered from the Argos store.
Any information would be gladly welcomed. The price starts at £129.99.
Thank you and regards, David..
P..S Also who makes the best scopes and which one would you buy regardless of money?

If you are looking at that price range I would look at Opticron who are at least experts at supplying the birding/wildlife market. Uttings sometimes has offers on their range.

As the saying goes "you get what you pay for", which is especially true at the bottom end of the optics market.

However the specs do look impressive. I like the red ring at the objective end - kind of makes you think there might be some ed/fluorite glass in there somewhere. No chance of course at that price.

The "best" scope currently is the big Swarovski 95mm (due to its huge objective Lens) and the ATX/STX range are very good along with the ageing Kowa 88mm model.

The Zeiss 95mm Harpia is too new so no one knows how good/bad it is.

Praktica did some nice cameras and lenses way back in time. Not the case any more, since everything is produced in China these days.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back