• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Goshawks (1 Viewer)

River Wye

Are Goshawk numbers increasing in Great Britain, i have been lucky enough to have seen most of our raptor species apart from a wild Goshawk.
Where are the best places to see them.

Last edited:
Absolutely!
New Fancy viewpoint is near Parkend and is rated as just about the best place in the country to see goshawks. Feb to April is the peak time.
It's a very easy trip from hereford.
James

goshawks are definately increasing in the new forest, and without the kind of persecution they used to get i assume that is the case elsewhere as well

Are Goshawk numbers increasing in Great Britain, i have been lucky enough to have seen most of our raptor species apart from a wild Goshawk.
Where are the best places to see them.

I didn't realise the River Wye could use a computer.

Closest to you would be New Fancy View, as already mentioned. Great place although I've only been there once and it was foggy.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back