• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

If you had the chance to chose between.. (1 Viewer)

kristoffer

Used Register
A one year old Leica Trinovid 8x20 BCA for for £287
or
a New ZEISS Conquest 8x20 BT for £270.

What would you chose and why? Need a small pocket size bin.

A one year old Leica Trinovid 8x20 BCA for for £287
or
a New ZEISS Conquest 8x20 BT for £270.

What would you chose and why? Need a small pocket size bin.

Hi Kristoffer,

I had the Zeiss Victory Compact 8x20 B and the Leica Trinovid 8x20 BCA but I was not so happy with both. Now I own the Nikon 8x20 HG, which is imo the better choice.

All the best

Manfred

Last edited:
Hi Kristoffer,

I had both but I was not so happy with them. Now I own the Nikon 8x20 HG, which is imo the better choice.

All the best

Manfred

So many options in the western liberalised world :) Thanks for your input. They seem to be great, I like nikons. But a tad too expensive for me.

I'd choose the Leica. I don't like the construction of the Conquest (not because it is composite--I do like the equally composite Victory), and I especially don't like its strap, strap attachment, and "hang". They are both fine optically, much better than most other pocket roofs, though not as good as the Victory or Ultravid pocket models.

--AP

I'd choose the Leica. I don't like the construction of the Conquest (not because it is composite--I do like the equally composite Victory), and I especially don't like its strap, strap attachment, and "hang". They are both fine optically, much better than most other pocket roofs, though not as good as the Victory or Ultravid pocket models.

--AP

ok, thanks!

ok, thanks guys. I read that many think the leica trinovid 8x20 isnt as good as the ultravid 8x20, wasn´t sure how much "not as good" it really is.

ok, thanks guys. I read that many think the leica trinovid 8x20 isnt as good as the ultravid 8x20, wasn´t sure how much "not as good" it really is.

optically the trinovids are excellent - the ultravids have a slight edge but it's not huge - however the ultras are that bit nicer in the hand coem to your eye easier (if that makes sense).

optically the trinovids are excellent - the ultravids have a slight edge but it's not huge - however the ultras are that bit nicer in the hand coem to your eye easier (if that makes sense).

yeah I hear you, so they are just better. The conquest only advantage is that it is smaller if I understand it right. Folds down nice etc.

I went with the Leica, got it for £250 unused. It´s some campaign with Leican giving away bonus 8x20 bins when you buy a big one, so you can find em for good price atm.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back