• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Visiting Vancover want some new compacts (1 Viewer)

harold9649

Hi I will be visiting Vancover for three weeks and am wondering if any good optic shops.
I have looked on web but not really found any.
Has anyone any reccomendations i am wanting a pair of compacts as i already have 8x42 but want something i can carry in my pocket.Have been considering opticron but not got round to trying any .
So now thinking about Minox or Vortex or any others .
Has anyone any sugestions i cannot afford Lieca or Swarovski etc but need something with good eye relief as i wear glasses and also waterproof.
Hope to get some ideas of anyone.
Thans
Harold

Hi Harold, I am Writing this while on holiday in Japan , I am reasonably familiar with Vancouver optics shops. Depending on the grade you want, you could start with Vancouver Telescope, phone 604-737-4303, possibly Italian Sporting Goods, or at a slighty lower price level, London Drugs,also the larger camera stores,such as Kerrisdale Cameras and Lens and Shutter.
Hope this helps!
Regards, John

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back