• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Screen view & size (1 Viewer)

Eos9

United Kingdom
For some reason when I open a new window in Photoshop (CS5) instead of it opening centrally and filling my screen it is now opening about half the size and is placed to the left hand side.
As a result I am having to having to drag the window to extend it to fill the screen.
I have checked the various settings etc and so far have failed in pinpointing how to get a centrally placed image on a full sized window once again.
I am using the std screen mode but would appreciate any help in resetting my windows to open centrally and with the image central without having to extend them by dragging the window each and every time.

Many Thanks

Somebody may have more specific solution to your problem but you could try resetting your computer to a previous restore point where it was working correctly!

Shane

Not sure if this is really a PC (or Mac in my case) issue as such, but rather suspect it is something I have inadvertently done by clicking a wrong icon or something in Photoshop (CS5) as my windows etc open fine in all other programs etc.
To perhaps better explain the issue I have included a couple of screen shots to better illustrate what I get at the moment when I open an image compared to what I want to automatically open up on my screen.
At the moment I can only achieve the latter by manually 'dragging' and resizing the window into place, which obviously becomes very tedious when working on many images.

Somebody may have more specific solution to your problem but you could try resetting your computer to a previous restore point where it was working correctly!

Shane

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-11 at 03.56.46.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-04-11 at 03.56.46.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 42
  • Screen Shot 2014-04-11 at 03.57.19.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-04-11 at 03.57.19.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 38
It looks like your images are opening in a 'floating window'. If you haven't already you could try going to the Window menu in Photoshop - Arrange - then choose 'Consolidate All to Tabs'. It's the way I have mine which fills the screen but leaves the dock still at the bottom (you might need to initially move the window down to the size you want). It's not a 'Mac issue' though it will look more obvious because of the way OSX works with windows.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back