• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Trittiford mill pond and the dingles bird sightings (1 Viewer)

Female Mandarin still at Trittiford yesturday and a lovely kingfisher :) only one Little Egret on Old Mill pond but that was morning time.

No sign of Mandarin Duck but a nice female Goosander on Trittiford and Little Egret showing well on the River at the back of Trittiford through walkway :)

A record shot of ten of the eighteen Little Egrets that roosted at Old Mill Pool/Brampton Pool last night.

Des.

Attachments

• L Egrets (1280x960).jpg
    L Egrets (1280x960).jpg
    814.7 KB · Views: 63
A record shot of ten of the eighteen Little Egrets that roosted at Old Mill Pool/Brampton Pool last night.

Des.

That's just brilliant, I must try to get down there tomorrow. My daughter (who is not a birder but knows the commoner species) reckons she saw a little egret at Trittiford on Wednesday alongside a much bigger white bird, she said about the size of a heron. Maybe a great white or a leucistic grey heron or maybe she just needs her eyes testing! I'll keep a look out...

Could be Great White there has been reports think someone reported one last year amoung the Little Egrets at Old Mill Pool :) would be amazing if there is a Great White :)

A Kingfisher was on the River Cole at the back of Trittiford. This was where I last saw one here. On Trittiford there were two pairs of Pochard & a GCG. Further along the Cole there were two Little Egrets. Great!

Last edited:
A West Midlands county record count.

Wow a county record! Brilliant news, thanks Phil

It really is only a small mill pond but access to the public is restricted and in any case the best views are from the road. Have just come back from there and watched 10 LEs come in before my old bones needed to get back to some warmth.:t:

Last edited:
Just amazes me was only 2 years ago when I was jumping up and down from seeing one then two Little egrets and now two years later 18 its just fantastic :)

Mike Inskip recorded 16 Little Egrets at Old Mill/Bampton Pool tonight, so the roost is holding up.

Des.

Thats brilliant :) Im gutted I cant do the roost now because its getting darker later and I have work at that time and weekends im at my boyfriends in Nuneaton.

We saw a Little Egret yesterday!

Hi

We were cycling from Sarehole Mill to Trittiford Mill Pond - well Shirley High Street actually - we really like the Perios there!

We saw a Little Egret in the river, really good sighting early afternoon.

We are new to the cycle path we also saw a grebe on the Pond are they common there?

Last edited:
The Little Egrets are regular site now all along the River such beautiful birds :)
Was the Grebe a Great Crested Grebe ? If so there quite regular usualy just the one on Trittiford at the moment :)

We have only seen the egrets further south on holiday up to now. I think on the cycle path though there are fewer dog walkers so you get to see more.

I think it was a Great Crested - there was only one we could see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back