• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Norwegian Military Habicht for sale (1 Viewer)

HighNorth

Hello!

One of the biggest classified ad sites in Norway, finn.no, recently put some ex-Norwegian Army 8x30 Swarovski binoculars for sale.

The binoculars bear the the Coat of Arms of Norway (coolest part!) and the marking "Laserfilter". They look pretty worn in the pictures, although the seller claims that the condition of the bins vary.

I haven't inquired with the seller, so I don't know if these have a reticles added to them, but since they are military models, I suppose so.

Internet searches for the history on these come up short, so does anyone know anything about these binoculars (8x60deckmount?), and would they be worth owning?

Cheers,
HN

Okay, I sent a mail to the seller, asking if the binoculars have reticles, retain collimation, which colour (coating) is on the lenses, what the production year is and what not.

That seller now has 10 of these listed on the US famous auction site.

Selling for $250. + $60.00 S&H, and they look well worn.

Individual focus, looks like a crap shoot.
Way too much money for this one.

If someone tries one, let us know how it goes.

Jerry

Last edited:
Got a reply from the seller: all bins retain collimation, have reticles and laser filters. Some minor scratches on the objectives and eyepieces on some of the bins. External condition varies.

Yeah, I also think they are quite overpriced.
I am almost certain that this party of bins comes from a military surplus auction held not long ago, and that the starting price for the bins then was about 5 USD per item.

HN

Got a reply from the seller: all bins retain collimation, have reticles and laser filters. Some minor scratches on the objectives and eyepieces on some of the bins. External condition varies.

Yeah, I also think they are quite overpriced.
I am almost certain that this party of bins comes from a military surplus auction held not long ago, and that the starting price for the bins then was about 5 USD per item.

HN

HN

Be aware that Swaro does not service ex-military surplus!!

Jan

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back