• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Warblers in the mountains (1 Viewer)

Hamhed

With the second half of November underway, I can safely say that I will not likely see any other eastern warblers but Yellow-rumped until next spring. Though I started a bit late and missed seeing a Blackpoll Warbler because of that, I managed to see 35 of the 38 eastern Warblers this year. All of them were seen in western North Carolina, ranging from the Prothonotary Warbler at 1200 feet (365m) to the Mourning Warbler 6000 feet (1828m). 28 were seen on my property at 2000 feet (610m).
Missing the Kirtland’s and Connecticut was expected; I’ve never seen either one in any state. As for the Blackpoll, there’s always next year!

Bird list and a few photos attached.

Steve

Attachments

• 2015 Warbler list.pdf
    23.5 KB · Views: 76
  • Yellow Warbler.jpg
    Yellow Warbler.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 80
  • Ovenbird.jpg
    Ovenbird.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 88
  • Pine Warbler.jpg
    Pine Warbler.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 80
More warblers from this year.

Steve

Attachments

• Magnolia Warbler.jpg
    Magnolia Warbler.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 76
  • Tennessee Warbler.jpg
    Tennessee Warbler.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 78
  • Black-throated Green Warbler.jpg
    Black-throated Green Warbler.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 77
  • Yellow-rumped Warbler.jpg
    Yellow-rumped Warbler.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 75
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back