• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Black-headed Apalis (1 Viewer)

Steve G

RAINBIRDER
Black-headed Apalis (Apalis melanocephala)

A small restless dark-backed arboreal African warbler of (usually damp) evergreen forest where it associates in mixed species feeding flocks.

These images were taken in Arabuko-Sokoke forest.

Apologies for the poor quality of these images but these wee birds would just not settle long enough for decent photographs. These images will suffice until something better comes along.

Attachments

• Blach-headed Apalis 2.jpg
    Blach-headed Apalis 2.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 174
  • Black-headed Apalis.jpg
    Black-headed Apalis.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 89
Jambo Stive,

Its cool to see that from arabuko sokoke.By the way did you find the sokoke small six?
Its such a cool world,how is your Kenyan list?

Nick!

Jambo Nick,
Aye I saw the Sokoke small six but didn't get pictures of the Akalat or the Spotted Ground Thrush. My Kenyan list is still small -I was on a family holiday to Watamu with a short safari in the Mara -but I will definitely have to come back & do the highlands & drylands. ;)
Cheers,
Steve

Attachments

• Sokoke Scops Owl 6.jpg
    Sokoke Scops Owl 6.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 123
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back