• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Need help to ID these three birds from New York (1 Viewer)

Cassy

Got these three birds from New York. I know two birds r flycatcher but dont know which ones and the other ones maybe is Blue headed Vireo... Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_2598.jpg
    IMG_2598.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_2717.jpg
    IMG_2717.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_3063.jpg
    IMG_3063.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Birds 1 and 3 are empidonax flycatchers. With a short primary projection and fairly prominent eye-ring, I would say #1 is a Least Flycatcher. With a moderate primary projection and very minimal eye-ring, I'd say #3 is a Willow or Alder Flycatcher (can't separate those two visually).

Bird #2 is not sufficiently bright or contrasty for Blue-headed Vireo - it looks like a Warbling Vireo.

1) Least Flycatcher
2) Philadelphia Vireo [agree now with Warbling Vireo after viewing second photo]
3) "Traill's" (Alder/Willow) Flycatcher

Andy

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back