• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird call (SE Sweden) (1 Viewer)

Klant

Hello all.

Managed to hear a brand new call the other day. The closest thing I can think of would be the "bzzz" call that redpolls sometimes make, or even the "rrr" twite thing that I just listened to in the bird calls under resources. The difference is that this was a rolling r call that was very clear and very hard. I figure if you dropped a series of pebbles fast enough onto a rock, you'd get pretty close to what it sounded like.

The bird itself was on it's way south with two fieldfares and a pipit at around 7 am, 50 meters up in the air. It was the size of a redwing, or a tad smaller, and pretty much flew like I'd expect a redwing to fly...

As always, ideas are much appreciated.

Oh, and since it's friday night, cheers B :)

"bzzz" is very likely some connection voice of thrushes, just probably fieldfare. When you walking outside in the dark, you will hear those voices very often in thrush migration time.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back