• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Family photo (1 Viewer)

Dave B

This will be pretty easy for anyone familiar with South-east Asian birds.

However, I thought the novelty of snapping three unrelated birds in one shot was worth showing off.

Taken last weekend, in northern Malaysia. Name the three species!

Attachments

• three families.jpg
    three families.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 185
I'll stick with Ruddy Crake and try Schrenk's Bittern and some sort of Bee-eater. (Blue-cheeked? - Not sure what you get out there!)

James

JWN Andrewes said:
I'll stick with Ruddy Crake and try Schrenk's Bittern and some sort of Bee-eater. (Blue-cheeked? - Not sure what you get out there!)

James

Getting closer! You have the right families James, but none of the right species yet.

Ghostly Vision said:
Cinnamon bittern, Little Green Bee-eater and Jacana

Yep, you got the bittern right. That was the bird I was trying to focus on when I took the shot. But not the other two. They are (even) more blurred than the bittern, but are still, I think, identifiable (but then I know what they are!).

Anyone fancy another guess before I put you out of your misery?

Dave

Dave B said:
Blue-tailed Bee-eater is correct. That just leaves the skulker!

All right! It is a bit difficult to make it out. It's Slaty-breasted Rail - Gallirallus striatus.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back