• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Excellent service from Zeiss Switzerland (1 Viewer)

Swissboy

Sempach, Switzerland
Supporter
Switzerland
My wife has a Zeiss Victory 10x40B T*P* model that she cherishes very much. We bought it in July 2001, and of course it shows its age to some extent. It's one of those models where the rubber cover has worn quickly to a not very nice matted appearance. However, optically, it is still fine. These binoculars have always accompanied us over the years on our extensive travels. And they have often had to share storage space on the floor next to boots and dirt in front of the car seat. So at some point, the eye cups were hard to move in and out, and the rubber covers of them had lost their stability.
After our last trip, we decided to check whether the problems could be corrected at a reasonable price. Well, when I called, I was told that this would most likely be done without charging us. And sure enough, not only was the service very fast, it was also free. My wife feels like she got new binoculars, which is, of course not true. But all the problem parts have been replaced and the binoculars got a fine external cleaning. (They are still clean inside.) So it would seem that Zeiss has now a similar great after sale policy like Swarovski. Whereas Leica still lags behind, at least in Switzerland.

Meanwhile, my Zeiss 8x42 FLs needed some servicing as well. The focus and diopter adjustment did not work properly any more. And once again, there was excellent and fast complimentary service done here in Switzerland. That included a new strap and covers for all lenses, plus external cleaning. I think it's good to know there is still such a fast and reliable service department here! Very comforting for potential Zeiss buyers. :t: Good products and good after sales care. It used to be, only Swaro was known for that.

They added new eye cups with an additional click stop as well! I would not have needed that for myself, but good for potential other users.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back