• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mystery Birds in Thread Thread (1 Viewer)

VELORAPTOR

Hi Guys & Girls,

I am trying to unravel the mystery of what species of birds & butterflies are on a set of cushions I have been sent.

Take a look at the picasa link below.

The birds could be from anywhere in the world but most likely America or Asia.

1) I think the 1st bird is supposed to represent a Painted Bunting.

2) The 2nd something between Orioles, Thrushes & Chats maybe?

3) The 3rd no idea.

4) The 4th (big one on right) looks a bit like an oldschool representation of a Subalpine Warbler.

5) The 5th looks a bit female Linnet with a giant bill but I have no idea what sort of finch it's supposed to be.

6) The 6th is quite distinctive but not something I'm familiar with.

7) The butterfies... where do I start?

Here's the link: https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/qYl3nqkugjsdqvXD8dd3rI7vvnchE2Ul0RaNqylnmcI?feat=directlink

Please help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Hi Guys & Girls,

I am trying to unravel the mystery of what species of birds & butterflies are on a set of cushions I have been sent.

Take a look at the picasa link below.

The birds could be from anywhere in the world but most likely America or Asia.

1) I think the 1st bird is supposed to represent a Painted Bunting.

2) The 2nd something between Orioles, Thrushes & Chats maybe?

3) The 3rd no idea.

4) The 4th (big one on right) looks a bit like an oldschool representation of a Subalpine Warbler.

5) The 5th looks a bit female Linnet with a giant bill but I have no idea what sort of finch it's supposed to be.

6) The 6th is quite distinctive but not something I'm familiar with.

7) The butterfies... where do I start?

Here's the link: https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/qYl3nqkugjsdqvXD8dd3rI7vvnchE2Ul0RaNqylnmcI?feat=directlink

Please help, it would be greatly appreciated.

1 is definitely a male Painted Bunting
2 strikes me as closest to an American Robin
4 reminds me of a female Lark Bunting, but certainly not a perfect match
5 reminds me of a Scrub Jay species but again not a perfect match

Jim

Thanks Jim that's a great start.

Whoever designed these used some of their own 'artistic licence' making them hard to ID for sure but I like your ideas.

Thanks for the input.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back