• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wootton Art 2012 (1 Viewer)

I had a few month to catch up with here... Some wonderful stuff I missed! I especially love the gold-crest and the waxwings paintings and sketches!

I had a quite marvelous meeting with a gold-crest this summer: we had a medieval weekend in my hometown, and I was one of the kitchen maids. The weekend is hold at an old castle ruin surrounded by forest, and when I working behind the cottage that served as kitchen, a small gold crest came and visited me. He landed just a meter from me and seemed to want to now what I was doing. Then he flew up in a nearby tree for a moment, just to be back again on the ground as close as before, tilting his head studying me. I wonder if he has become accustomed to bread crumbs and food leftovers behind this cottage as it also serves as cafe during the summer when there is an outdoor theater at the castle??? Anyway, he was just so darn adorable! Your sketches reminded me of him..

The sale of Tims drawings in aid of the Orkney Bird Report has recently finished.

Still awaiting fees/costs/charges etc from various places, but the final amount raised should be around about £1500 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Many, many thanks to Tim for his incredible generosity and to all Birdforum members who bid/bought.

What a wonderful bunch of people we all are !!!

:t: :t: :t: :t: o:D o:D o:D o:D

Hi Tim!

Hopping back on the forum after too many months away. Caught up on this thread and was just blown away. Your work and style are just fabulous! I'm in sensory overload having looked through your pieces since June or so. Amazing!

Ta John - too kind.
Well done Paul - the credit goes to you for taking the time and effort to photograph and list the drawings - then pack, post and deal with enquiries . . . drawing them was the easy bit. And thanks to all who chipped in with their hard-earned - much appreciated :)

Ta John - too kind.
Well done Paul - the credit goes to you for taking the time and effort to photograph and list the drawings - then pack, post and deal with enquiries . . . drawing them was the easy bit. And thanks to all who chipped in with their hard-earned - much appreciated :)

Well I decided to chose my own xmas pressie this year [not that my better half doesn't try and get suitable stuff |:x| ] and I was delighted to win the LRP drawing - looked very good online and stunning when I received it! Just had it framed then it'll be under the tree. Thanks to Paul for such careful wrapping and very fast delivery :t: Let us know if there are any more charity auctions Tim...

Well I decided to chose my own xmas pressie this year [not that my better half doesn't try and get suitable stuff |:x| ] and I was delighted to win the LRP drawing - looked very good online and stunning when I received it! Just had it framed then it'll be under the tree. Thanks to Paul for such careful wrapping and very fast delivery :t: Let us know if there are any more charity auctions Tim...

Well - funny you should ask ;)

The kids of Orkney are very lucky in many respects – they live in a wonderful part of the world. But, getting off the islands is a necessary part of their development and travel to and from Orkney is very expensive. Every year the kids of Stromness go to an outward bound centre for a week and their parents have to foot the bill. These auctions are part of the fund-raising the kids and parents are doing to help off-set the costs.
All the proceeds of this auction will go to the Stromness Primary School Lagganlia fund. Thanks for bidding!

Please search; Tim Wootton Orkney

Attachments

• sea ducks (731x1024).jpg
    sea ducks (731x1024).jpg
    441.4 KB · Views: 105
Well - funny you should ask ;)

The kids of Orkney are very lucky in many respects – they live in a wonderful part of the world. But, getting off the islands is a necessary part of their development and travel to and from Orkney is very expensive. Every year the kids of Stromness go to an outward bound centre for a week and their parents have to foot the bill. These auctions are part of the fund-raising the kids and parents are doing to help off-set the costs.
All the proceeds of this auction will go to the Stromness Primary School Lagganlia fund. Thanks for bidding!

Please search; Tim Wootton Orkney

:t: Ill just give you a thumbs, I wrote quite a bit after reading it back it was proper kiss ass stuff, we cant av that. I hope you get as much as needed youth ;)

Heard a waxwing yesterday and heard of five in Kirkwall still . . . imaginings becoming reality . . .

. . . and just appeared on a well-known auction site . . .

Attachments

• threewaxsharp (474x800).jpg
    threewaxsharp (474x800).jpg
    323 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Possibly the last post of the year - and therefore of the thread. Fittingly it's one of those funny pink punk birds. Season's Greetings to all . . . see you in another thread B :)

Attachments

• greywaxwing (800x594).jpg
    greywaxwing (800x594).jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 93
Possibly the last post of the year - and therefore of the thread. Fittingly it's one of those funny pink punk birds. Season's Greetings to all . . . see you in another thread B :)

nicely done - I saw a bunch of c40 Waxwings looking like wet sentrys in the rain today whilst on a mission to buy swedish turnips and chipolatas- and thought the Waxer's deserved rendering that way, not always in their most coloured and active mode

Are we taking bets on this? My guess is that at least one more will slip into the thread, and most likely of a real rarity. Merry Christmas and Season's Greetings.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back