• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Microphone for camcorder (1 Viewer)

pva

Georgia
Hello,

Could you please recommend a good directional microphone for camcorder, suitable for recording bird's voices?

I know that good professional microphones are expensive, usually from $1000 to several thousand USD. Are there any cheaper alternatives? Of course they won't be as good as the expensive ones, but at least decent.

Also, are those microphones usually universal, i.e. fit most camcorders?

Thank you,

Peter

Sorry, I think I posted this to the wrong forum. I'll post it in the Bird Sound Recording Equipment forum.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back