• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Looking for kingfishers in lower Michigan (US) (1 Viewer)

jdstacey

I've only seen one belted kingfisher in all my trips, and I was unable to get a good photo of it. I keep trying, but haven't had any luck this summer. :C

The one place I did see one was called Woodland Hills in Farmington Hills - but again, no luck there since.

Thanks,
JDS

Last edited:
I've only seen one belted kingfisher in all my trips, and I was unable to get a good photo of it. I keep trying, but haven't had any luck this summer. :C

The one place I did see one was called Woodland Hills in Farmington Hills - but again, no luck there since.

Thanks,
JDS

Hello JDS,

You have been looking near ponds and streams with small fish?

Like you, I have seen only one belted kingfisher, which was catching fish at Turtle Pond in New York's Central Park.

Happy bird watching,
Arthur Pinewood :hi:

I saw another one yesterday, but I was unable to get any photos. S/he just flew by as I was arriving at a local pond. I waited around for about an hour, but s/he never came back :-\

Keep trying ...

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back