• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pantanal; July/ Aug 2011; any birding couples out there (1 Viewer)

M Collard

Hi,

My wife and I want to get to the Pantanal this year to both bird and see their mammals including Jaguar, both Otters, both Anteaters, Tapir and Manned Wolf; it seems an expensive trip with some of the bigger companies but we have found a nice local birding company who can accomodate us for birding and mammaling ( 10- 14 days suggested ) but it would be more fun with more on the trip; more eyes etc; possibly a couple and non smoking.

We are avid birders who want to see mammals; we find that mammal folks are not really that bothered about the birds ( especially lbj's ) so we always get concerned if we considering joining a mammal trip..............

Best/ Mike Collard/ UK

Pantanal is an amazing place. We saw four Jaguars when we went, both otters, ocelot, 3 tayra, but no anteaters sadly. Would be useful if you could post your itinery and budget. :t: Presumably your are going to search for maned wolf outside of the Pantanal, I believe there is a monastery that puts food out for them somewhere (can't recall the name now). I have equal interest in the birds and mammals and Pantanal is great for both!! Here's my trip report:

http://www.kats-korner-uk.com/Brazil2.html

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back