• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Announcing the October 2005 theme challenge - Camouflaged Birds (1 Viewer)

IanF

The theme challenge for October 2005 is 'Camouflaged Birds'.

A very popular theme when run over the last few years which usually attracts some very good entries.

The rules must be adhered to in order to avoid disqualification. The Moderators decision is final.

Rules -

1. Entry to have been taken in the last twelve months.
2. Date taken to be included in the entry - must at least include month and year.
3. Entry to be uploaded between 1st-21st midnight (BST).
4. Your entry must contain a bird or birds that are camouflaged either by their natural colour or making use of cover.
5. The bird must be wild and can be of any species.
6. Location taken to be included and must include county/state and country.
7. One entry per member.
8. Only minor image adjustment is permitted, such as cropping, sharpening, contrast, and levels. The photo must not be otherwise greatly manipulated ie. objects should not be added / removed in order to enhance the shot - no composite images.
9. Once uploaded a photo is classed as an entry and cannot be replaced by another shot. However you have until the closing date / time of this competition to ensure that your photo meets the criteria.
10. The entry must be your own work and not previously submitted in a competition on this site.
11. The bird's common name must be given - though please add the scientific too!
12. Entries to be uploaded directly by entrants to the Monthly Photo Competitions 2005 Gallery.

A voting booth will be posted after the 21st.

Please note 30 entries will be selected for addition to the voting booth for members to vote upon.

Entries not selected for inclusion in the voting booth will be moved to their respective Geographical Gallery forum.

Comments on entries are permitted.

Any queries about this months competition - please post below.

Haha!!

I've got some real beauties for you this year!! (Remember the Snipe at Barnes last year!!) If it wasn't for the new format (which I agree with) I would have chosen something from Peru!! You wouldn't believe the clever birds there...hiding everywhere!!

I shall look forward to the real photographers entries....should be very good!!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back