• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cheap test - But at least it's cute (1 Viewer)

Chato

Having made one wrong id on these boards, it's only fair that I get someone else to make a wrong id... :)

So here are two shots of a bird, taken in Brooklyn New York... :)

First one who gets it right, wins my dog as a prize. (True, I've lost the dog in the past, only to have him returned)

But you will have to admit - it's soooo cute!

Dave

Attachments

• BRAIL1.JPG
    BRAIL1.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 118
  • BRAIL2.JPG
    BRAIL2.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 133
Purple Gallinule.?

Heh, heh - I'm trying to be honest with my little test. As I wrote, this was shot in Brooklyn New York. While it's "possible" that it's a Purple Gallinule - No, it's not. I have a shot to post of this bird and one of it's parents - But that would give away the show... :)

Dave

Water Rail sp... Edit, seeing as it's America ... Clapper perhaps/Virginia/Sora No idea really

def. not a Coot or Moorhen sp. tho

Last edited:
Oh my God! So many Winners

Sora?

Or is it some exotic in Brooklyn Zoo?

Twite.

It's a baby Clapper Rail, not a Juvenile. I didn't expect any right answers. I am struck dumb!

This family of rails, lost their first clutch of babies, and this little guy was their attempt to have more kids anyway.

I'm going to post two images, the first is of the baby with it's parent, and the second is of a Juvenile Clapper Rail from a previous year - Not quite so cute...

This picture of the Juvenile I call, "He's not from my side of the family"
:)

Dave

Attachments

• BRAIL0.JPG
    BRAIL0.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 83
  • RAIL16.JPG
    RAIL16.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 84
Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back