• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sheffield Wildlife Facebook group (1 Viewer)

Pete Mella

Getting there...
I always find nature-watching and the like something much missing from Facebook groups, so I've done an experiment and set up a group for Sheffield nature-watchers here http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=20341612963 - it could be no-one ever joins it, but I thought it was worth a go.

Anyone from South Yorks (or from elsewhere who's interested) feel free to join!

You should maybe advertise it (ie repeat this) in the Yorkshire thread, information wanted thread or similar . . . .

I was in Sheffield, at Uni about 15 years ago ( :eek!: ), doing Ecology degree. Nice (ish) place some good birding places. Maybe Redmires isn't one of them . . . Haven't followed things up there since, and don't do facebook. Know at least two others here on BF who were in SUBS (Sheffield University Birders Society) when I was up there . . .

Good luck.

You should maybe advertise it (ie repeat this) in the Yorkshire thread, information wanted thread or similar . . . .

I was in Sheffield, at Uni about 15 years ago ( :eek!: ), doing Ecology degree. Nice (ish) place some good birding places. Maybe Redmires isn't one of them . . . Haven't followed things up there since, and don't do facebook. Know at least two others here on BF who were in SUBS (Sheffield University Birders Society) when I was up there . . .

Good luck.

Cheers, Dan.

Redmires is not so bad - one of those places where sometimes you'll see bugger all, and others some pretty good stuff. People swear by it on visible migration.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back