• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help 300d Downloading Problem (1 Viewer)

Can someone please assist with my predicament.
When trying to transfer my latest photos from my 300d camera to the PC, using a direct USB cable connection, the files would not transfer.
The LCD panel on the camera flashed " busy " but nothing else was happening.

Have I inadvertantly activated something in a program on the camera without knowing it ?

I would welcome any observations.

NOTE
I transfered the memory card to my other 350d body and the files transferred OK. So its not a problem with the card.

Assuming some menu similarities between your camera and the 30D: in the camera menu, do you have "Communication" set to "LAN (WFT-E1)" rather than "Print/PC"?

You need the latter...

Keith,
To the best of my knowledge I have not changed any of the menu settings since I last successfully transferred some files.
However, I have checked the communication as suggested and it is currently set as " Normal ".
The only other option available on this 300d model is " PTP ".

I am therfore no wiser !!

Allan

Allan do as I did and get a memory card reader.It is a lot less fuss than connecting the camera direct and also saves your battery power.When connected you will get a pop up window asking what programme you want to open the pictures in.Select Photoshop or whatever editing programme you have and Bobs your uncle!

duh

My blonde roots (now grey) are showing.

I thought maybe there was a reason behind it (the door on the 350D is plastic) and it is something I ought to watch for or some other thing that I don't know about.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back