• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Thanks Guys! (1 Viewer)

mickporter

Oswaldtwistle birder
You chaps and chapesses, have got me into a lot of trouble here.

Last night my wife was terrified because two moths were flying around our bedroom light. She says this is because I have my silly moth trap in our back yard, and am encouraging them. She now believes I am responsible for her clothes which will be eaten, not to mention the holes that are about to appear in our carpets. My moth trap has been banned!! I have been instructed to dismantle it completely, The fact that it has not been switched on for over a month now, and didn't catch anything anyway doesn't seem to pacify her.

And its all your fault. You have been encouraging me! We have an infestation of two moths and its all your doing. I cannot keep quiet any longer I am going to name and shame you all..........

Anyway I have to go now, she wants a cup of tea bringing...........

mickporter said:
You chaps and chapesses, have got me into a lot of trouble here.

Last night my wife was terrified because two moths were flying around our bedroom light. She says this is because I have my silly moth trap in our back yard, and am encouraging them. She now believes I am responsible for her clothes which will be eaten, not to mention the holes that are about to appear in our carpets. My moth trap has been banned!! I have been instructed to dismantle it completely, The fact that it has not been switched on for over a month now, and didn't catch anything anyway doesn't seem to pacify her.

And its all your fault. You have been encouraging me! We have an infestation of two moths and its all your doing. I cannot keep quiet any longer I am going to name and shame you all..........

Anyway I have to go now, she wants a cup of tea bringing...........

You have reached a point in your life when you have to make a major decision, it's not unusual, most entomologists arrive here sooner or later.

Whilst you have to make your own mind up, but you have two basic choices depending on how much you love natural history.

1. Give up all nature persuits, and kow tow to all your wife's demands.
2. Get rid of the wife. (legally of course).

Most men I know have gone for the second option.

Lol.

Harry

Hell's Bells, Harry! Compromise not a familiar word to you? ;)
Mick, buy a portable generator and get out and about a bit more (that way the light and catches won't bother the Mrs.)

CJW said:
Hell's Bells, Harry! Compromise not a familiar word to you? ;)

I can compromise now and then Chris.

By the way I was married for thirty years, twenty five of them were the happiest of my life as she lived in Australia and I lived here. Lol.
As a single man, I can do what I want, when I want, without asking permission or consulting anyone else. B :)

That's not to say I don't enjoy the company of buxom blondes, brunettes or the occasional redhead on the nights when it's too wet and windy to go mothing.

All I did was get my priorities right.

Harry

I don't ask permission. Which is why I am always in trouble.

Compromise is the key here. She speaks and I listen!!

I don't know about the divorce, but car batteries can be lethal when dropped from a high window!! Just a thought!!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back