• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

iPhone 4s with Meopix adapter (1 Viewer)

River Girl

Supporter
United States
Hi all,
I am new to this forum and thought I would share what I am trying. I have an Alpen 745 spotting scope and read about using the iphone camera with a Meopix adapter. The adapter is made in the USA of what seems like a sturdy, somewhat flexible plastic resin, and comes in several sizes to fit the eyepiece. I contacted the site (Europtics) and he told me to order the 55mm. The adapter holds the phone in just the right position to align the camera and suspend the camera screen to view and use the shutter. I'll attach 2 recent photos. The first shows vignetting, which can be avoided by zooming with the camera. It also shows what will happen if you forget to turn off the flash (oops), but I think you can see pretty good clarity in the head and tail. The 2nd photo was from much farther away up in a tree. I think next I will try using a stylus to trip the shutter to avoid any movement. Hope this is useful information.
Thank you
River Girl

Attachments

• eHawk_0960.jpg
    eHawk_0960.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 164
  • eHawk_0968.jpg
    eHawk_0968.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 183
Hello River Girl, I also own a Meopix and a great way to take shots while avoiding movement of your set-up is the Apple headset. If you were to click the button on your headset while in camera mode, you'll be able to take great shots. love my meopix.

I just received the meopix yesterday, along with the redfield rebel binoculars it is supposed to fit. It is a very tight fit, and I have a couple problems that I'm hoping you can advise.

When I use it, I get the vignetting. If I enlarge to full screen, then the item I am shooting isn't in the picture I take (even tho it is in my screen)

On video, I can't get it to go full screen at all.

I'm using the IPhone 5

Any thoughts?

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back