• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon Coolpix P100 Hands-on Review (1 Viewer)

ChrisKten

It's true, I quite like Pigeons
I thought this might interest some of you; there are sample images from ISO 160 - 3200. Note the shutter speeds used, which you can check from the EXIF data of each picture.

http://www.photographybay.com/2010/02/23/nikon-p100-hands-on-review/

This isn't a proper review, but at least it gives you an idea of what to expect at high ISO. Guess we need to wait for a full review to form a proper opinion. Interestingly, the CNET review complained about image noise.

Has anyone tried one of these yet?

I thought this might interest some of you; there are sample images from ISO 160 - 3200. Note the shutter speeds used, which you can check from the EXIF data of each picture.

http://www.photographybay.com/2010/02/23/nikon-p100-hands-on-review/

This isn't a proper review, but at least it gives you an idea of what to expect at high ISO. Guess we need to wait for a full review to form a proper opinion. Interestingly, the CNET review complained about image noise.

Just wondering if anyone has tried one of these yet. I am looking for a 'Bridge camera' for my wife to use - she can't / doesn't want to cope with the weight and clumsiness of a DSLR with telephoto.

The two on my shortlist are the Nikon P100 and the Panasonic Lumix FZ38 - the reviews for the Panny are generally very positive but the Nikon offers much greater reach albeit at around £100 or so more.

Cheers,

Chris

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back