• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Western Bonelli´s Warbler? Alentejo Portugal (1 Viewer)

Bert

Birdwatchingalentejo.com
Is this a Western Bonelli´s Warbler? I made this photo this morning from my bird hide at Monte Horizonte, It would be a lifer for me B :)

Thanks,
Bert

Attachments

• Bergfluiter.jpg
    Bergfluiter.jpg
    385.7 KB · Views: 108
Ditto to Western Bonelli's Warbler
[with an apostrophe not a backtick so that the thread will be picked up by Birdforum's search software ;)]

Thank you Lou and Nutcracker. That makes number 226 in the Alentejo region of Portugal.
Cheers,
Bert
P.s. Where is the apostrophe on my Portuguese keyboard????????

Thank you Lou and Nutcracker. That makes number 226 in the Alentejo region of Portugal.
Cheers,
Bert
P.s. Where is the apostrophe on my Portuguese keyboard????????

Nice one - great birds! Look out for more as they (and Iberian Chiffchaff) are starting to move and half way through August into September they can be rather numerous some days. Bonelli's do breed in small numbers not so far from you near Grandola and Santiago do Cacem. Not had my first migrant Bonelli's this year yet on the southwest Portuguese coast but its iminent - just Nightingale and Iberian Chiffchaff so far.

By the way, ''''''''''''''' is on the top row, 3rd from the left on my Portuguese keyboard ;)

Nice one - great birds! Look out for more as they (and Iberian Chiffchaff) are starting to move and half way through August into September they can be rather numerous some days. Bonelli's do breed in small numbers not so far from you near Grandola and Santiago do Cacem. Not had my first migrant Bonelli's this year yet on the southwest Portuguese coast but its iminent - just Nightingale and Iberian Chiffchaff so far.

By the way, ''''''''''''''' is on the top row, 3rd from the left on my Portuguese keyboard ;)

Thank you Simon,
Iberian Chiffchaffs have been around now the last 2 weeks, Nightingales do breed here on our property each year and since I live in Santiago do Cacém, it just might be that they do breed here also although this was the first time I ever saw one. But since I built a new bird hide with a pond in front of it I do see much more birds and more different species. Last weeks I was very happy with the Mistle Thrush, Iberian Green Woodpecker and Lesser Spotted Woodpecker.
Still can´t find the ''''''''''''''' though.
Bert

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back