• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Western Curve-billed Thrasher (1 Viewer)

I have made a new thread in the Taxonomy forum asking what the documentation for the Western entry is. Depending on the answer there, I would be tempted to remove that entry.

Cheers
Niels

I see the response in the other thread has produced a link to the Auk paper proposing this split. Since none of the relevant authorities have accepted it yet, I suggest moving this information into the main Curve-billed Thrasher page (in the taxonomy section, a note to the effect of "A 2003 paper proposed that this species be split into x and y..."), then deleting the Western Curve-bill page.

Last edited:
OK, I have added some text to the regular entry for CBT trying to explain the situation with the split that has not been recognized yet, and following that, deleted the WCBT entry. Take a look at the regular entry http://www.birdforum.net/opus/Curve-billed_Thrasher to see if there is still something about that which should be added. I know there are other parts that are still missing, but I dont have that information right now at least; so I guess that I should have added the "Stub" tag given that we dont have a tag for incomplete.

Cheers
Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back