• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird guide in Taiwan (1 Viewer)

seedyrom

Supporter
Please could anyone recommend a guide for Taiwan which my husband and I would like to visit next September. Thank you.

Thank you bfoutch. It is a person I am looking for rather than a book but I will need to purchase a book as well :)

Thank you McMadd. I have sent Richard umpteen e-mails as he is our guide of choice but he hasn't replied to any of them :(

Thanks, Tony.saw. We were at Birdfair but didn't get a chance to talk to him. I have been e-mailing him ever since! I know he is currently away on a trip but am looking at other guides now.

seedyrom,

Just another thought. My wife and I stopped over for a couple days in Taipei on our way to the mainland a couple years ago (December). Although no real time to go to the birding hotspots, we did get up early one morning and took the bus from our hotel, for the short ride down the street to Daan Forest Park. Spent about an hour or so walking around the small lake and saw these birds:

Little Grebe
Black-crowned Night Heron
Grey Heron
Little Egret
White-breasted Waterhen
Common Moorhen
Spotted Dove
Taiwan Green Pigeon (A kindly local photographer pointed out this one to us. It was well camouflaged in the middle of a tree)
Common Kingfisher
Taiwan Barbet (very cool looking bird!)
Grey Treepie
Common Magpie
Chinese Bulbul
Himalayan Black Bulbul
Common Myna
Oriental Magpie Robin

So, even if you find yourself stuck the city for the day, you can still find some great birds in the local parks.

Have a great trip!
Bruce

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back