• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Matt's watercolors (1 Viewer)

Thanks for all the nice comments. We thought he would be around for another ten years. Fortunately he was seemingly 100% right up until the very last morning and he didn't seem to suffer. That is always a blessing. Its been below freezing for over a week without much new snow so the sculpture is lasting longer than we thought.

sorry for you....in Germany ,we say ...he fly`s now in the Rainbow Country

the kids and you have build him a great tribute

greetings Gaby

Matt so sorry for him flying off to another land....I'm sure he will be missed, those little birds have such big personalities....My mom had one once in house with 2 dogs and a cat and that bird just ran them all including the cat....

The sculpture is such a good memorial ....

In reality the drawing is rotated 90 degrees clockwise so the bird is hanging below the branch. In the end it seemed to look more correct to have it rotated "head-up." The posture of the feet reads more correctly to me when she is hanging from the branch. When its rotated up its belly floats off the log which you typically don't see. Maybe I'm over analyzing it.

A juvenile Tufted Titmouse... we had a band of these guys fledge near the house. They visited the feeders and baths outside the kitchen windows. Awfully cute.

Attachments

• tufted.jpg
    tufted.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 59
A small watercolor done as a gift for my brother's birthday.

White Ibis Landing
Transparent Watercolor
Lana 140 HP paper
5x7 inches

Attachments

• ibisSM.jpg
    ibisSM.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 65
Both the Ibis and the Titmouse are very fine pieces. When I go back to the east coast to visit my sister in PA, the Tufted Titmouse is one species I always enjoy seeing (and hearing). Ibis are rare in our area out here, so it's nice to see your painting of that species as well.

Hi Matty, these black and whites are stunning. The Downy Pecker is so well drawn, a favourite little bird whilst I was stateside. Red Bellied drawing is just the cheese...

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back