• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

B-300 (1 Viewer)

Reader

A few weeks ago, prior to Slimbridge, Tonyh was going to get me a B-300 but it didn't materialise on the day. In fact I haven't heard anything of him since mid feb. The thing is he whetted my appetite on this piece3 of equipment and I have seen many threads relating to the use of it.

Question. Where can I get one from at the right price?

Rarer than a Wallcreeper in Blighty.... heard that they (Olympus) were going into production again, but this could be typical web speculation/enthusiasm without a shred of truth to it (the price was going to be cheaper as well!).
Ebay may be the place, possibly from the U.S. but could be very expensive.
I'll keep my eye open for you.
Andy

John J,
I have just bought one from ebay U.S.A site brand new for
£140 including postage+insurance search in accessories.
Best of luck . Wes

Hi John,

They're worth having even at new prices, though I wouldn't pay eBay prices for them. It's hard to believe that they are more expensive on eBay than new to buy. I haven't checked recently but EagleEye were always a good source regularly getting in new ones. When second hand prices about match new, then it's worth buying new for peace of mind regardnig scratched lens surfaces. They aslo have a classified ads section on which B300's do turn up.

Wes - you did well with that purchase. I've seen them go for a lot more on eBay.

John,

I used to have one for a Fuji 4900z but sold within 2 hrs on "rec.photo.marketplace.digital". The quality of this lens is excellent if you can get one thats been looked after.

Try posting a message for one on there or as Andy said have a look on ebay.

You will have to pay £100 + for one.

Olympus is comming out with a new lens called tcon-17 for their new line of digicams, it looks just like the b-300, i had to sell my b-300 on ebay to buy a nikon 990 to use with my scope, but i knew i could get $200usd for it which is what i paid. Once the news of the new lens gets around the prices on ebay will drop dramatically. The new lens is supposed to retail for $159.99usd, i wouldn't be surprised if the tcon-17 is a b300 with a new name, it's also 1.7x, check the Oly forum on www.dpreview.com , do a search for tcon-17, or do a google.com search for it.

later

Thanks for the info folks

So far I haven't gotten very far allthough I have posted a message in the eagle eye for sale / wanted section. Fingers crossed that something comes out of it.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back