• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ID needed - SW France today (1 Viewer)

BillN

Guys - Black Redstart??

What do you think - sorry I did not get an image of the tail - it was quite a distance away and by the time I'd seen it with my bins and then taken an image it had gone

But from what I saw it did seem to fly "like" a Redstart and there are a few around this week, (Common and Black)

The second image is a crop of the first

Attachments

• Redstart_B_2.jpg
    Redstart_B_2.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 100
  • Redstart_B_1.jpg
    Redstart_B_1.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 141
Female Common Red I think...

Thanks - (I am seeing) more Common Reds than Black - I am probably seeing the same birds most of the time, i.e. throughout the day - so will there just be one pair of Common Reds and a pair of Blacks within say, 500 mtrs of the house - i.e. how territorial are they?

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back