• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Global Big Day - 9 May 2015 (1 Viewer)

idaviesbird

eBird Project Coordinator
Hi all,

May 9th is the inaugural Global Big Day (http://ebird.org/globalbigday/), where eBird and the Cornell Lab of Ornithology are hoping to engage a worldwide network of birders to go out, count birds, and support global bird conservation. Our goal is to have over 4,000 species of birds reported to eBird in a single calendar day, and to raise $500,000 for bird conservation.

In our ongoing effort to push the boundaries of a Big Day, eBird and the Cornell Lab are inviting everybody around the world to join together and participate in our Global Big Day to support global conservation.

Everyone is invited, and everybody can contribute! All you have to do is go birding, and how fun is that? Just submit your sightings to eBird, and contribute to global bird conservation. Tell your friends!

People from over 35 countries are participating so far, and little notes about many of their efforts can be found on our Global Big Day Regional Events page: http://ebird.org/content/ebird/globalbigday/gbdregional/.

I hope that you can go out birding on May 9th and find some birds, and I look forward to seeing your sightings! Please don't hesitate to message me if you have any interest in participating or any questions at all.

Good birding!

Ian

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back